Things I didn’t realize I’d be dealing with at this point in my life:
- Spiders everywhere, exterminators nowhere
- Shower spouts that have no heads and that pours the shower water 4” from the wall
- Using laundry detergent powder to wash dishes and bleach water to rinse. And claiming they’re clean.
- Sleeping under a mosquito net with no blankets and no socks
- 61 mosquito bites on one leg
- Using a cup of water to brush my teeth
- No air con, car, or tv and having that be completely okay
- Internet that goes in and out 5 times in 5 minutes
- Spaghetti for breakfast
- Power companies turning out the power at 7 every night to save money
- Showering in cold water, because there is no hot water. period.
- Bread rolls and pb constituting an entire meal, or 4 crackers and a slice of cheese being a full lunch
- ‘Bottled’ water only. and in a 5 gallon bucket that you have to balance on a corner to pour into a pitcher to then pour into your water bottle
- Trying to light a stove and have it explode in your face
- Realizing I couldn’t imagine a more blessed life than living in this community